In 1972, Corpus Christi Human Resource Management Association # 185 (CCHRMA) was founded and in 2013 CCHRMA transformed into Coastal Bend Society for Human Resource Management (CBSHRM). CBSHRM is committed to the HR profession and taking a leadership role in providing information, programs and services in support of its membership to develop personally and professionally by:
- Ensuring that Chapter members are provided with speakers, training, communications and motivation to succeed in the HR management profession.
- Recruiting and involving members who desire to make a professional commitment and encouraging the value of diversity.
- Collaborating with related professional organizations to ensure Chapter vitality, progress and leading edge knowledge of HR professional developments.
- Establishing a vision and goals that effectively achieve value-added outcomes.
- Partnering with area colleges/universities to influence programs and activities that support student interest in the HR profession.
We Maintain Advocacy For
- Legislation updates
- Workforce Readiness
- Student Chapter at A&M Corpus Christi
- Community Outreach Program
- Scholarship Award for Area Students
- JobsInCorpusChristi.com for employers and job seekers
- InternshipsInCorpusChristi.com for employers and students
- Professional Certification for the PHR/SPHR- Prep Classes and Recertification Hours
Coastal Bend SHRM Vision
The vision of the Coastal Bend SHRM is to advance the HR profession as a leading resource for HR professionals in education, personal growth and collaboration with other organizations.
We are an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources.